Culture of BeedThough economically weak, Beed is culturally very strong place. The residents follow the Maharashtrian culture which is evident in their food habits, customs, rituals and religious functions. All the rituals are religiously followed during marriages. Concern about family, customs and religious rituals are prioritized over other aspects of life. Though most of the people are vegetarian in the district, non-vegetarian and spicy food is also highly popular in the district. Beed is quite popular for its road side food and Dhabas, some of which are quite popular for their delicious Biriyani. The district is popular across the entire Maharashtra for its delicious Biriyani and it is the favorite dish of people among all the communities of the state. Apart from this, Beed also offers some of the best spices, home-made pickles (Achaar) and Poppadom, which is commonly known as Paapad.
Outfits mostly range from traditional Indian wear among women to western clothes among men. Women generally wear Salwar Suits while married women are mostly into wearing Sarees. The attire of the people of a society reflects the mentality and true culture of a society. This shows that the inhabitants of the district are still traditional in their thoughts and the western culture has not affected the people in the way it has affected the people of other Metropolitan cities of Maharashtra.
Beed is also a culturally very rich place in terms of dance, music, theater and art. But movies are not that popular as the city earlier had at least 7 movie halls and only 4 are remaining at present. But theaters, dance academies and music institutes are popular in the city.
Music Institutes in Beed
There are numerous Music institutes in some of the prominent locations of Beed. The genre of music varies from Bengali to Classical and 3 of the most famous institutes are listed below along with their locations.
- Nad Bramh Sangit Vidhalaya- This institute is the most renowned music school in Beed which excels in Music training in almost all the genres of classical music. It is located in Vivekanand Nagar, Mondha Road, Parli Vaijinath in Beed.
- Bhalerao Sangit Classes- This institute too excels in classical and Bengali Music training and is located in Shriram Nagar, Beed Ho.
- Adarsh Sangit Vidhalay- Among the top 3 music institutes of Beed, this school is also included due to the versatility of training it provides to its students. This music school can be located in Canal Road, near Ambika Chowk of Beed Ho.
Dance Institutes in Beed
The city of Beed is also quite popular for cultural programs that take place during different festivals which include dance programs representing different cultures residing in the city. 3 of the most highly regarded dance schools in Beed are listed below:
- The Dance World Academy - This school provides dance classes for different dance forms some of which belong to the western culture as well. This institute is located in Shriram Nagar, D.P Road, Beed Ho.
- Jiya Dance Classes - Located in Parli TPS and names after the owner of the institution, this school too offers classes for different western and Indian traditional dance forms.
- J.K Dance Academy - This school is mainly popular for its Indian dance training and is among the top 3 renowned dance institutes of the city, located in Beed Ho.
Apart from these, there are several summer camps organized for offering temporary dance classes for the students of schools and colleges.
Drama, Theater and Art in Beed
Since Beed is a very culturally rich district the people have a liking for plays and drama. The city has very few theaters and movie halls but still the numbers of plays that are held in the city are not too few.
Marathi plays are most frequently staged in theaters while Movies are not too common with the people of Beed. There are also several Drama schools and colleges for children to pursue them as their career. These colleges also teach subjects under Arts including Fine Arts which is also a preferred career path for many students in Beed.
There is only one multiplex in the entire district which earlier had around seven individual movie halls of which only four are still intact. The place also barely has any auditorium where any big event can be hosted. It only has a one garden in the city and a few grounds here and where the different festivals are celebrated diligently.
Festivals and Fairs in Beed
There are very few festivals celebrated in the district of Beed. But almost all the communities residing in the place celebrate their respective major festivals in the city in complete peace. The festivals celebrated in the district are Dussehra, Diwali, Ambedkar Jayanti, Holi, Buddha Jayanti, Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr. This list include the prime festival celebrations for Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists and Jains. Their festivals give out the flavor of all the communities residing in there and it is a much more peaceful, tolerant and secular society than many major cities of our country.