Food of BeedBeed has people of diverse culture and tastes residing within the city. It might make people assume that the place offers a versatile range of cuisines representing the taste of each and every culture and community living in the district. But that is not the true picture of Beed. The district may have different communities living together; the choice of cuisines is quite limited.
The primary cuisine followed in residences is mainly Maharashtrian and the locals are predominantly vegetarian. Although most of the people prefer homemade food in the villages, the town has, though few, restaurants that serve non-vegetarian food comprising of Mughlai cuisine. The rest are mainly vegetarian tea houses or sweet shops serving Samosa, Kachori, Panipuri etc. The use of chilli and spices is quite heavy in the food of the people of Beed.
But in spite of being a predominantly vegetarian district, its favorite dish is the popular Mughlai delicacy- Biriyani. Almost all the residing non-vegetarians love Biriyani and consider it dish consumed during festivals, family celebrations, marriages and all kinds of functions. Apart from these, the simple homemade daily side dishes include heavily spiced pickles and Poppadom, commonly referred to as Papad in Hindi as well as Marathi.
Some Well Known Restaurants in Beed
Though there are barely any renowned restaurants in Beed, the town is quite well-known for its road-side food or food Kiosks. Most of the restaurants are open air with very little space or proper seating arrangements, also known as Dhabas in India.
Most of these Dhabas are quite popular among those traveling through Beed as they are primarily located along the National Highway 211, namely
- Sagar which is open from 7.00 am in the morning till 11.00 pm at night and serves vegetarian food
- Pritam, open from 12.00 am till 11.30 pm is actually open all night and it serves pure vegetarian food
It also has quite a few Chinese restaurants which serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian Chinese delicacies. But almost all these places either deliver the food or people take it away on their way home. There are barely any authentic Chinese restaurants in Beed which serve only Chinese dishes. Most of these food outlets serve a mixture of different cuisines and offer only vegetarian food, whereas, Chinese food pertains to non-vegetarian delicacies. But some of the most popular eateries based on visitor experiences and ratings include the following names:
- Sri Sai Palace- Serves Pure Vegetarian food and is located in Near Mahaveer Petrol pump on Jalna Road
- Ganesh Udupi Hotel- This is another purely vegetarian restaurant and is quite economical compared to the previous eatery. This restaurant is also located on Jalna Road, opposite to the Bus Stand.
- Madhuban Kaleidoscope- Madhuban Kaleidoscope is probably the only expensive and elite restaurant in the entire town of Beed. It serves a variety of cuisines including Indian, Chinese, Italian, Mexican and more. It also has a lounge bar, a Banquet hall for marriages, meetings or other functions, a playing zone for children and lawns.
- Shri Samarth Garden Pure Veg Restaurant- Located on Ambajogai Raod, Kaji, this place too serves Indian pure vegetarian food and is open since 10.00 am till 11.00 pm.
Beed barely has any brand like KFC, Cafe Coffee Day, Mainland China etc. as the people there barely have developed the liking for western fast food. They are all lovers of vegetarian delicacies of Maharashtra and Mughlai, especially Biriyani.
Since the locals lead a very simple life due to lack of funds and job opportunities, the place barely has any Wine shops, except for a few in the town. These shops too are very difficult to locate as they are mostly hidden from public view. Beed is also quite far down in the race of having any good bakeries. It only has a few popular sweet shops that serve only Indian sweets like Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Pede etc.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0