Shopping in BeedWhere shopping is the basic necessity of people residing in different metropolises of India, in Beed shopping sprees are limited to festive seasons and family occasions like weddings. The place is barely familiar with clothing brands like Levis, Pepe, United Colors of Benetton, Biba, Louis Phillipe or And. The villages barely have any markets except for those selling basic necessities, while the town has a few markets and couple of malls with mainly local retail brands.
The residents of the city mainly shop for household goods, daily clothes and wedding garments. So if anyone in Beed, feels like they are in the mood for some ‘Retail Therapy’, their best bet is the Jalebi shop next door or the Kurta and Salwar shop in the neighborhood. But as far as the Indian clothes are concerned, they are of high quality with hand-made embroidery due to the small but secure hand-loom industry existing within the huts of the villages.
Popular Markets in Beed
Beed barely has any major markets that can attract a visitor. But if you are a keeper of unique handcrafted things and clothes from the hand-loom of different villages then you will not be disappointed. The city has 2 main markets that are both located on the eastern banks of the river Bensura and are listed below:
- Mali Chowk - Located in Midc Road of Beed, Savta Mali Chowk is one of the oldest markets of the district and has shops belonging to local retailers of clothes with a number of road side food kiosks. As one enters the market, it seems as no different from the market scenes, viewed and represented in Indian period movies.
- Hiralal Chowk - This market is situated on the ruins of the Mahbub Ganj market, created during the periods of the Mughal Empire. Situated in Vipra Nagar area of Beed this place too seems to have the essence of History experienced in every shop of the market area.
Both these market areas are there since the time immemorial ad there is barely any difference between the two. The basic structure of these markets are said to have been there since the time of Yadhava rulers, followed by many more including the Muslim rulers.
Shopping Malls in Beed
Many people might be quite surprised by the fact that the city has no known proper shopping mall anywhere. There are just 3 shopping complexes that are closest to being termed as Malls.
- It Mall- Located in Ambejijogai area of Beed, this shopping complex houses some of the local brands of the city and some boutiques with a good collection of Indian clothes.
- Next- This particular shopping building of Beed is the closest to being a proper mall in the entire city. It house some of the big retail chains of the local retailers of Beed along with some Indian brands selling Indian as well as western attire. It is located in Sahyog Nagar, D.P Road.
- Cotton County- This is primarily a big shop selling cotton clothes of different brands of Indian origin, be it western or traditional Indian attire. This is located in the Stadium Road of Beed, which also has the only stadium of the city.
So, all those people who are addicted to western brand names may be quite disappointed in the city of Beed, but it is one of the best destinations for those who love with Indian village heirloom productions.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0